Carol Carter

30 December 2009

Getting Ready- Schmidt Center for Art

I have been invited to show my GROWTH PORTRAIT series at the Who's Looking at You: Contemporary Portraits at the Schmidt Center for Art at the Southwestern Illinois College in Belleville, IL.

The show opens on January 21, 2010.

I have to deliver the 23 portraits of my son Evan next Tuesday.

I thought today would be a good day to clean up the portraits to get them ready.

It took all day -- and gave me time to reflect and reconsider each and every portrait! My how time flies when you watch a child grow!

So.. here is a photo of my studio- scattered with 30 x 40 portraits that will be stacked and packaged for delivery on Tuesday

Growth Portraits
watercolor
30" h x 40" w
1986-2009
24 portraits
collection Evan Carter Clark
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Arti said...

The portraits look delightful, Carol.I hope to see many more of your beautiful paintings in coming year.Have a great year!

Anonymous said...

This very valuable opinion

julia kulish said...

I saw these in the artist's magazine - love them! It was very inspiring to me. I dont'usually do portaits but had done one of my then five year old about weven years ago. It challenged me to try it again now that she is twelve. What a beautiful record you have of your son's growth! what a great idea.

Carol Carter said...

arti.. thank you for liking the portraits. you will see much more photos of work this year. i plan on doing a lot! thank you for being a good reader of my blog... i value your observation and opinion. best!

julia, how neat that you saw the article! you are the first to write! isn't it wonderful to paint our kids? it's a great way to see them over and over again at a certain age. i see that you became a fan on FB.. i'm going to check out your website now. thanks for coming to the blog..and i hope to see you here again soon!

happy new year to everyone!

masmoulin said...

A very beautiful site and works

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I congratulate, what words..., a remarkable idea

Carol Carter said...

thank you EVERYONE -- for your kind words about my upcoming show. i am so looking forward to the Growth Portraits being exhibited. i will post here!